Tuesday 15 January 2008

Running Update

Went for a run today for the first time since Saturday. I'd club circuits so decided to jog to them, taking the long way around, which is about 6km. Initial plan was to do W2D7 of the JD red plan (40 mins continuous easy running (about 7 mins/km). I set off at an easy pace, not looking at my Garmin until I was 2km into the run. Was pleasantly suprised to see that I'd done the first 2km at 6m 24s pace and I'd already completed one of the two hills.

The next hill however soon scuppered my plans of a continuous run...2.5km in and I'd to stop. I'm laying some of the blame with the icecream mars that I had about an hour before the run, but perhaps it was the pace. Anyways, to cut the story short, I done the 5km run in 32m 41s, including four brief stops. I'm quite happy with that, as its two mins faster than my last 5km run a week before Christmas.

To finish off, done 6 strides of 20s followed by 1min of recovery, which worked out nicely as it got me to the gym for circuits. Didn't feel the best during circuits, or on the walk home, but overall a good session for the day.

No comments: