Friday 14 September 2007

Turbo Training

Well, after buying a second hand turbo trainer the last day, I figured that I may as well give it a go. The idea was to watch the Eng vs SA rugby game while pedaling away on the bike. Setting it up was relatively easy, so about 15 mins into the game I hopped on. Even at the easiest setting, the going was tough and I quickly realised that my goal of making it to half time in the game was unrealistic.

Head down, I plowed on. I was actually struggling to concentrate on the match, given the tough going and eventually had to hop off the bike after the grand total of 6 minutes. Lets just say, I wasn't a happy camper with that performance (probably like Brian Ashton). I resolved to give it a proper go in the second half.

So the second half kicks off, and the aim is to do 15 mins non-stop at an easy setting. However, easier said than done and after three minutes, my quads are begging for mercy. Disgusted with myself, off I get for a two minute stretch. The plan for then in was to do 3 mins on the bike, followed by 2 mins rest. After 4 of these I give up, beaten.

Maybe this is the way its supposed to work, but I'd have to assume I've got it set up wrong. If not, it'll be a tough winter!

No comments: