Wednesday 19 September 2007

Training Update: 19 Sept 07

Had a pretty good day today. After doing nothing yesterday day, due to a pretty strenuous day the previous day, I was actually looking forward to going out for a run this evening. Its almost funny...to be perfectly honest, I dont really like running. However, its definitely growing on me, the more I do it.

I also tried a different routine tonight. I wanted to get a row in at the gym as well as doing a run outside, so I drove to the gym and set off on a run from there. W6R2 of the C25K called for the following
  • 5 min brisk walk warmup
  • 10 min jog
  • 3 min walk
  • 10 min jog
However, Ive just started to read Daniels Running Formula and I'm also considering doing his "White Plan", starting on Phase 3, which on one of the days calls for
  • 5 min brisk walk warmup
  • 10 min jog
  • 5 min walk
  • 10 min jog
  • 5 min walk
  • 10 min jog
So I decided to give this a go instead. Overall, I completed 4.5 miles in 51 mins, an average of 8.47kmph. The runs felt good, indeed in the second run I actually done 11 mins and the third 12 mins. All well, I got back to the gym in time to do a 4k row (in 16m 26.7s) and also do a few minutes of drills in the pool.

No comments: