Friday 21 September 2007

Can I have some directions please?

That question ruined what would have undoubtedly been a PB for my lap around the block. I have to admit, I wasn't expecting any interruptions as I set off just after midnight tonight, thinking of clear footpaths, traffic free roads, etc.

You may be wondering why I was out so late. Well, after a glowing recommendation from a friend I went to see the 9.30pm showing of Superbad, which is a hilarious film. Don't think I've ever been in a cinema with people laughing so much. Just before that, I'd been down at the training session of the local GAA team, but hadn't actually trained. So, knowing I've a pretty big game on Saturday and not really wanting to do much tomorrow, I decided that I'd get a run in tonight after the cinema.

Decided to repeat last nights run, which is Day 1 of Jack Daniels Running Formula's White Plan. I actually got the rest periods wrong last night, so decided to do the proper version tonight. All was going well, the timings meant that I stopped at the bottom of my first hill and started the second run at the top of it. Made it all the way up the next hill and was going strong on the long homeward stretch.

About two minutes after stopping for my second rest period, a car pulls over and asks for directions, easily costing me two mins I reckon. So I set off again, making it back to the house just a shade under 37 mins. Including the delay and the 10 or so seconds between starting my watch and starting, I'd say I could have done the run in 35 mins, but until that happens, its staying as a 37 min run (1m 22 secs slower than my PB).

No comments: