Saturday 8 September 2007

London Duathlon tomorrow...thoughts

Well, its tomorrow. Kicks off for me at 13.50pm and I'm getting a bit nervous now. Bikes in the car, got a few sports drinks, kits more or less packed. So basically want to get a good sleep, up around 8.30am, bit of brekkie and head off in plenty of time.

As for the event itself, hoping to do the first run (5km) non-stop, ideally in 30 mins or less. Bike will basically involve busting my balls (pardon the french) for the entire 10km (with a bit of stretching in the last bit), hopefully getting around in about 22mins. For the last 5km, the main goal is to hopefully get back in less time than my 10k pb for the two runs overall. Not sure how feasible that is, but its worth a go :)

Anyways, I'll let you know how it goes in the next day or two.

No comments: