Thursday 27 September 2007

Quick update

Following on from my last post, I've pretty much done zero exercise since then. I'd a relatively big game on Saturday (which we were hammered in), so it took it easy on Friday. Game was tough enough, but football is totally different than just normal running so was pretty wrecked after it.

Sunday, I was on the sideline for another game. Fortunately our team won, and Cambridge are now the Herts Senior championships. One of the lads was knocked out and concussed during the game, so spent a good few hours in the local hospital after the game making sure that he was ok.

Got back to Cambridge around 11pm and the celebrations were still in full flow. Didn't get to bed until close to 4am, which is not good for a school night!! Needless to say, work the next day was pure hell on earth. Thankfully pulled through and was in no mood for a jog or row. Besides, my left groin was very very stiff for the first half of the day, so it was an easy decision to just go visit the lad who'd just been released from hospital.

Tuesday, my groin was a bit stiff but was definitely considering a run. Had a quick GAA meeting after work (2hrs!) so when I got home to get ready, I fell asleep on the bed. Woke up after about 30 mins, but decided to call it a day. Got up at 9am this morning, after a great sleep.

So that brings me up to today. Groin wasn't causing any trouble. I was home from work around 7pm. Weather was pretty crap out, so was thinking of just doing some rowing and maybe a little treadmill stuff. Got home to realise that after the busy weekend, had feck all clean clothes. Threw a load on and just decided to head down to the pool, which was a nice little workout. Groin started to play up towards the end of the session, so that'll need monitoring.

I'm back home in Ireland until next Tuesday for a wedding. Hope to get a bit of training in, mainly following that Jack Daniels running plan. If I get a chance, I also hope to climb Croagh Patrick, but we'll see how that goes.

No comments: