Wednesday 4 July 2007

Upcoming days

Likely to involve very little training, due to the fact that I'm off on Archies stag (in Warsaw). Actually, thats not neccessarily true...no doubt there'll be a fair bit of walking around trying to find a decent pub, knowing what the lads are like.

Also, I'm off to my first Reading GAA training session of the year tomorrow night, traffic permitting. I've heard some scare stories and considering the training in Cambridge tends to be more skill than fitness based, I'm getting quite worried. Sure we'll see how it goes...it'll hardly kill me.

Besides that, I'm trying to figure out what to do about my swimming. I feel that I've hit a bit of a wall with the Total Immersion stuff, so I feel its probably right to get a few lessons on board. Now, its looking like about £30 per hour for 1-2-1 lessons no-matter where you go, so I'm trying to figure out is it worth trying to get a TI tutor? Been in contact with a few, and they're willing. Question is, am I? Nearest one is about 100 miles away, which is a serious commitment.

There is a coach in my local gym thats doing 3x30 min sessions and they're supposed to be pretty decent. I think that works out at £90, which makes it pretty expensive though.

Another alternative, staying with the TI approach, is to go on a course with swimshack. Its about £350 for an 8 hour course, but the facilities look class and from initial feedback from the guy running it, the whole course is pretty customizable to all levels. Course consists of 1x2hr session, followed by 4x1.5hr sessions. In between, the idea is to practice the techniques from the previous sessions.

I suppose, for £350, if I finally learned to swim after it, it'd be well worth it, no questions. I suppose, what I'm most apprehensive about is the fact that I don't think I'm that far off swimming at the moment...its hard to know, but one\two sessions might be enough. That said, extra sessions aren't going to hurt, are they?

No comments: