Sunday 10 June 2007

Last week

After running a 10k last Sunday, I basically done zero this week. This was mainly due to the fact that I was back in Dublin where my brother was in hospital after a car crash. He should be ok (getting discharged today or tomorrow, but will be in a halo brace for 10-12 weeks).

I suppose the only real exercise I got was walking around, normally with a bag on my back. The weather in Dublin was absolutely savage all week. I definitely fell back in to old habits while there, where my main source of food was either takeaways or deli rolls (fortunately didn't even have one brekkie roll!). As I was spending a few hours each day in the hospital, was snacking on sweets the whole time.

Needless to say, expected to have put on a few pounds over the week. I was pleasently suprised to see that my weight was 120.7kg when I came back last night, approx the same level as when I left. The body definitely works in strange ways.

Anyhow, I'm aiming to settle back into the regular routine asap. Planning on heading down to the gym later for a run and a swim. Think I'll be cycling to work tomorrow as the car window is currently broke as well.

No comments: