Thursday 26 February 2009

Nasal breathing

I actually managed to get myself out for a run this evening, despite leaving work late and talking myself into going for a Nando's. With a little help from someone ("go to Nando's, but don't have three sides"), the plan was get out for a run first and then go for my reward.

So I got home, quickly changed and hit the road. Aim was to do my "big" lap around the block, which comes in at 6.8km. I'd read on a forum recently about Nasal Breathing (see the post by Endurance.co.uk) so figured I'd give it a go.

I stuck at it for 2km until I got half way up the first of the hills on the route and gave it a go once or twice after that. I found it ok until that point, but the hill really made me struggle with getting enough air in. My HR was about at it's normal level (~ 160bpm) but my pace was a bit slower...not really too sure what to read into that.

Anyhow, kinda abandoned it at that point and made it around to the 5km mark at which time I needed a break (the slacking over the last two months seems to be showing). Got back home and decided to give the Nando's a miss, which is probably a good thing.

No comments: