Wednesday 4 February 2009

Quick update

I've got my first half marathon in a few years at the end of the week. Looking forward to it, but also kinda dreading it at the same time. I've trained more for this than my previous two half's (that's an understatement - I did at most three sessions for either of the previous two...no more than twenty minutes using a run\walk strategy). As such, it's an important milestone, but obviously with all the extra training the stakes almost seem higher. Anyways, more on this later in the week.

It's been snowing here in the East (and South East) of England since Sunday evening. I'd got out twice over the weekend for two relatively easy sessions (although my running partner would probably beg to differ - she done really well and set a pb for the amount of minutes ran in an hour). That was good because it kept me loose, and to be honest, I probably wouldn't have run otherwise.

Yesterday was a snow-out, which was also the promise for today, but thankfully that didn't materialise. I made it home from work early enough and hit the pavements for my last speed session before the half. I had to watch it in spots, but I'm really happy with the run, doing the small lap around my block (5.5km) in 30m 50s...a new PB.

I also made it down to the pool today...I've "graduated" to the middle lane and have started doing sets of 50m at a time, but I'm still absolutely shocking. Oh well.

No comments: