Saturday 7 February 2009

Race Cancelled


RACES CANCELLED due to the inclement weather, which is forecast to deteriorate over the next few days. The decision has been made with the safety of the runners, marshals, police and all other support services in mind. With the temperature possibly dropping to minus 6 Saturday night and runner’s coming from all over the country and some from abroad, we feel we had to make this decision early on.

We are looking into the possibility of rescheduling the event (including the fun run) and request that for the time being, you keep hold of your number. The committee will be making a decision on this during the next 14 days or so, following consultation with the relevant authorities and service providers. Please check out our friends race below.


As I kind of expected, the Half Marathon on Sunday's been called off. There's a little bit of hope they'll re-schedule it, but I'm not going to be holding my breath. This basically means I've got seven weeks to prepare for the Reading Half Marathon.

It looks like this weekend is a write-off training wise due to the weather (and me stuffing my face), so hopefully I'll be back at it on Monday. I'm a little disappointed about this (I was hoping to set a PB and a benchmark for the next half marathon) but that's life.