Friday 9 November 2007

woohoo...training update

Made it around the block non-stop for the first time tonight. I'd initially planned on just doing a brisk walk around the block, but after two minutes decided to push the heart rate up a notch and started running. Main aim for the run was to keep HR below 166bpm (seems to be around my lactate threshold (the point above which lactic acid starts to accumulate in the blood)), which I managed to achieve for the most part apart from on the hills and the last bit of the run.

The lap time was 37m 39s which is about 2m slower than my PB, but the main point is that it was non-stop. My average HR was 163bpm and my max HR was 176bpm. I reckon I could have gone for further at that HR, so it would seem that is a good level to be training at for longer runs.

No comments: