Monday 19 November 2007

First Garmin Forerunner output...

Here's my first outing with my new Garmin Forerunner 305, which was basically a walk into town and back out. Its broken into three parts (I had to stop on the way into town for something to eat) but the walk back is uninterrupted so I'm just going to post a link to that.

Anyways, heres the link.

I suppose I've a couple of things to note about it. First is that I have no idea what is going on with the elevation data. GPS elevation is notoriously dodgy, so I'm putting it down to that. I can't imagine there was anymore than a 10ft gain in height over the whole walk.

Secondly, my HR seems to be pretty high for a brisk walk. No idea why this is, perhaps its was down to just having had something to eat as during my walk into town it wasn't as high. If you look at the HR graph though, you'll notice towards the end of it there is a definite spike...this is where I'm walking over a railway bridge close to home!! Pretty nifty, no?

Some of the data needs a pinch of salt when interpreting...for instance, in the same HR graph, also tick the speed button and you'll see it spike to 30mph at one stage...pretty impressive even if I was sprinting, which I was not!

Overall, quite happy with it. Have yet to take it out in anger, but hopefully will rectify that soon.

No comments: