Friday 7 December 2007

Training

Went for a ride at lunchtime yesterday, a rare occurrence for me despite good intentions. I'd noticed as I was taking the bike out of the car that the saddle was slightly loose, but decided to go anyways. It was pretty windy out but was making good progress until I got about 10km into the ride and the saddle started to cause troubles. Luckily, there was a short way back to work from here which I decided to take, easing off the pace considerably.

Had a tough session on the turbo last night down at the tri club. I'd missed a week, but that wasn't really too much of a hindrance. Started off with the usual warmup, then 15 mins going through the zones (4m @ Z3 / 5m @ Z4 / 3m @ Z5 / 1m @ Z4 / 1m @ Z5 / 1m Z4). This was followed by 45mins of spinning (pedaling as fast as possible in your lowest gear) and rolling (pedaling in your highest gear, focusing on technique). This session went something like this...
  • 3 x (1R / 30s + 1S / 30s)
  • 3 x (3R / 1m + 3S / 1m)
  • 1 x (4R / 1m + 4S / 1m)
The last couple of rolling sets were tough enough as we'd to get out of the saddle to do them...that was absolutely killing my legs!

Today, I'd a relatively easy day. Got down to the pool for a few drills (not really many as it was quite busy) and went for a walk around the block when I got back. Too early to say if there's any progress with this walking, but my pace seems to be fairly consistent and there is a slight drop in my average HR between the walks I've done. Will have to keep an eye on it over the next few weeks.

No comments: