Thursday 8 January 2009

What I've been up to since new years

I did go for a walk the day after new years, 15km along the River Thames from Reading to Goring. Bit of a slog in parts, where the trail was quite muddy. Had planned on getting some food in Goring, but there wasn't much selection, so just caught the train back tired and hungry.

It's been absolutely freezing around here for the last week or so, which has meant that I've not been getting out for a run in the evenings. I've been trying to arrange a staggered 10km run with a few of the football lads and there seems to be a bit of interest. The idea is that people set off at intervals, with the slowest first. If it's timed right, then everyone should reach the end at more or less the same time (and add a bit of a push for that final stretch).

Arranged it yesterday at short notice and only two of the lads showed. There's definitely interest there, so we'll see how it goes next week. Last nights run was a disaster...the two boys were fliers and we all set off at the same time. 2.5 km in I gave up and just done my own thing :)

No comments: